I'm running in circles, on the track and off....

Friday, November 18, 2011

Hello...Is anyone out there?

I think this is the first time that Van Doren has been quiet on a Friday night.  Everyone has packed up their bags and gotten on a bus that will take them back to the place they call home.  I'm sitting in my room staring at the pile of laundry that needs to be folded and thinking about what I need to pack to go home.  It's Thanksgiving break!  I couldn't be happier to go home.  I love this campus so much, but after a week as crazy as the one I had this week, it's time for a break.  I'm excited to see my family and friends from home, but I can't help but think about how much I'm going to miss everyone I've met here so far.  I'm even going to miss the cold walk to the Quad in the morning...just because I love the Quad though.  I'm going to especially miss my boyfriend, Ross. It'll be weird not seeing him every day like I've been lucky to do here on campus.  


Going into this year, I had no expectation of making instant connections with people, but it just so happens that I did.  I'll miss waking up to texts from friends asking to go to basketball games or to get lunch at the Ike.  How can a whole semester have gone by already?  This definitely isn't like high school.  I'd have to guess that it's because I actually had a choice in where I went to school this time.  When you are given the power to choose something for yourself, you like your choice a lot more than if someone made the decision for you.  And this place is no exception.  University of Illinois, I love you.  Every bit of you.  Except CMN 101.  But that's besides the point.  I'll be back and ready for more in a week, but for now it's time to go home and get a good night's sleep, take a shower without flip-flops on, and to get a good, home-cooked meal.  Peace out Chambana.

No comments:

Post a Comment